We recognize that our customers expect privacy and security for their personal and financial affairs. We understand that, by selecting us for your Insurance needs, you have entrusted us to safeguard your personal financial information. We want you to be informed of our commitment to protect the privacy of your personal financial information with the following privacy principles and practices.
What personally identifiable information is collected from you?
We collect information from you regarding name, addresses, email addresses, mobile number and other information as required in the registration process of the policy specific proposal forms.
How we use, collect, and retain customer information
On our site we collect, retain, and use information about you only when we reasonably believe that it will help administer our business or provide products, services, and other opportunities to you. We collect and retain information about you only for specific business purposes.
We use information to:
- Register you on the portal.
- Issue insurance policies based on the information provided in the proposal forms
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Help us design or improve our products and services for your benefit.
- Understand your insurance needs so that we can provide you with quality products and superior service.
- To comply with laws, guidelines and regulations that governs the insurance services in the country.
- To contact you for policy reminder notices, claims processing etc. and to keep you updated on the insurance sector and OICL
How we keep customer information accurate
It is in your interest, and it is our objective, for us to have accurate, current, and complete information concerning you and your accounts. If you believe that we have incorrect information about you or your account please email us through the contact us/ grievance mechanism provided on the portal or modify the profile information on the site as permissible. We will correct any erroneous information as quickly as possible.
Our security procedures to protect customer information
We follow industry standard security practices to help prevent unauthorized access to confidential information about you. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we do not guarantee its absolute security.
How we restrict the disclosure of customer information
OICL does not release customer information except as directed by law or as per your mandate. We do not share specific information about customer accounts or other personally identifiable data with nonaffiliated third parties for their independent use unless:
- The information is provided to help complete a transaction initiated by you;
- You request or authorize it;
- The disclosure is required by/or directed by law; or
- A customer who has established a relationship with us
- A potential customer who has applied for a loan
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time by posting the same on the portal, so please review it frequently on the portal. If we materially change our privacy practices we will notify you by sending an email or by posting a notice on our portal