Are you planning trip to picturesque Switzerland with your family or a romantic tour of Paris? Oriental Insurance Overseas Mediclaim Policy gives comprehensive cover for you and your family when you globe trot. We want your trip to be stress-free so we cover you against medical and other financial emergencies that may incur during your travel.
Now you can buy policies Online. Buy an Overseas Mediclaim Insurance Policy by registering yourself on our Portal and paying online through your debit card / credit card or Net-banking. To check out various online facilities available, you may login on the Portal.
The salient features of the policy are:
- Policy covers the medical expenses while the beneficiary is outside the Republic of India.
- It covers medical expenses both as inpatient as well as outpatient while in a foreign country.
- The sum insured available ranges from Rs.50000/- to Rs.500000/-
- Cashless settlement is provided through our Overseas Services Provider (at present M/s Coris International.)
- Various Plans under the Overseas Mediclaim Policy are:
- Business and Holiday Travel cover for individuals.
- Study Policy for students undertaking studies abroad.
- Corporate Frequent Policy for Corporates sending their executives abroad.
Overseas Mediclaim - Business and Holiday
Brief Description :
This policy provides indemnity for expenses incurred for medical treatment for illness, disease contracted or injury sustained during overseas travel and which is primarily in the nature of an emergency and which is necessary to be undertaken immediately.
Who all are covered
- Indian Residents undertaking bonafide trips abroad for:
a) business and offical purposes
b) holiday purpose
- Foreign Nationals working in India. This insurance is valid from the first day of insurance and expires on the last day of the number of days specified in the policy, or on return to India, whichever is earlier. In case of a frequent traveler abroad, there is a special policy which covers all the trips undertaken during the period of 12 months.
Covered Risks :
Since the cover is available as per plans, the expenses would be reimbursed up to limits prescribed under the plan opted for.for details.
Overseas Mediclaim - Employment and Study
Brief Description :
This policy provides indemnity for expenses incurred for medical treatment for illness, disease contracted or injury sustained during overseas travel and which is primarily in the nature of an emergency and which is necessary to be undertaken immediately. The minimum period of cover is 2 months, and maximium is 12 months. If necessary, the policy can be renewed. The sum insured is US$ 75,000.The premium has to be paid in US dollars, irrespective of the country of visit.
The policy consists of 2 sections covering different risks. Since the cover is available as per plans, the expenses would be reimbursed up to limits prescribed under the plan opted for.for details.
Major Exclusions :
This policy cannot be issued for less than 2 months. Any claims for dental treatment except as a result of injury, Pregnancy including miscarriage and child birth.