Policy details (these details are to be available at the beginning of the proposal form)
Medical expenses & repatriation
3) Up to US$ 225 per occurrence for dental services for immediate relief of dental pain only (no limit & no excess).
4) Dental care due to covered accident is subject to limit of cover and deductible.
5) Expenses for physician ordered emergency medical evacuation, including medically appropriate transportation and necessary medical care en route to the nearest suitable hospital when the insured person is critically ill or injured and no suitable local care is available.( subject to prior approval by ‘AMERICAN ASSIST TRAVEL SERVICES’.
6) Expenses for medical evacuation including transportation and medical care enroute to a hospital in the republic of India or the insured’s normal place of residence in India when advised by medical advisors and attending physician (subject to prior approval by ‘AMERICAN ASSIST TRAVEL SERVICES’).
7) If the insured person dies outside India the expenses for preparing air transportation of the remains for repatriation to India or up to an equivalent amount for local burial or cremation in the country where death occurred (subject to prior approval by ‘AMERICAN ASSIST TRAVEL SERVICES’).
1) The policy does not cover any sickness for which the insured has sought medical advice or has taken medical treatment in the preceding 12 months prior to the commencement of travel.
2) Any medical services with a cost of greater than $ 100 shall not be covered unless the insured person notifies ‘AMERICAN ASSIST TRAVEL SERVICES’ immediately.
3) Each event is subject to a deductible of $ 100
4) Cosmetic surgery not covered (unless necessary as a result of covered accident).
5) Expenses related to pregnancy, childbirth, miscarriage, abortion or complication in any of these are not covered.
6) No claim payable related to mental disorders, anxiety, stress or depression, Venereal diseases, Alcoholism, Drunkenness abuse of the drugs, HIV, AIDS, Suicide, Attempted Suicide or Willfully self inflicted injuries or illness.