|Important Notice ||In order that the right of recovery under the policy shall not be prejudiced it is necessary that in the event of loss or damage (covered by this insurance) claim be immediately filed against the Steamship company, Railway authorities or other carrier and a copy thereof and of the reply thereto must be included with documents presented in support of claim hereunder. |
|Procedure in the event of loss or damage || It is the duty of he assured and their agents, in all cases, to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimizing a loss and to ensure that all rights against carriers, bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised. In particular, the assured or their agents are required:- |
1. To claim immediately on the carriers, Port Authorities or other Bailees for any missing packages.
2. In no circumstances, except under written protest, to give clean receipts where goods are in doubtful condition.
2. When delivery is made by Container, to ensure that the Container and its seals are examined immediately by their responsible official. If the Container is delivered damaged or with seals broken or missing or with seals other than those as stated in the shipping documents, to clause the delivery receipt accordingly and retain all defective or irregular seals for subsequent identification.
4. To apply immediately for survey by Carriers' or other Bailees' Representatives if any loss or damage be apparent and claim on the Carriers or other bailees for any actual loss or damage found at such survey.
5. To give notice in writing to the Carriers or other Bailees within three (3) days of Delivery if the loss or damage was not apparent at the time of taking delivery.
NOTE: The Consignees or their Agents are recommended to make themselves familiar with the Regulations of the Port Authorities at the port of discharge.
Any Claim under this Insurance should be submitted without delay, accompanied by all correspondence with Carriers' and other parties regarding their liability.
|Freight Brokers Warranty ||The liability of the company shall be limited to 75% of the assessed loss where the consignment note is issued limiting the liability of the carriers in any respect by special contract duly signed by the consignor, consignee or by the duly authorized representative, agents or where the consignment note is issued by the private carrier (other than the vehicle belonging to the owner of goods) or Freight Broker. This warranty would not apply where loss or damage has occurred whilst the foods are not in the custody of the Carriers |
|AML condition ||In the event of a claim under the policy exceeding Rs. 1 lac or a claim for refund of premium exceeding Rs. 1 lac, the insured will comply with the provisions of the AML policy of the Company. The AML policy is available in all our operating offices as well as Company's website. |
|Institute Replacement Clause ||In the event of loss of or damage to any part(s) of an insured machine or other manufactured item consisting of more than one part caused by a peril covered by this insurance, the sum recoverable shall not exceed the cost of replacement or repair of such part(s) plus labour for (re)fitting and carriage costs. Duty incurred in the provision of replacement or repaired part(s) shall also be recoverable provided that the full duty payable on the insured machine or manufactured item is included in the amount insured. The total liability of Insurers shall in no event exceed the amount insured of the machine or manufactured item. |
|Pairs & Set Clause ||If any claim arises herein for loss or damage (consequent upon a risk covered by the policy) of or to an article constituting one of an insured pair or set, no regard shall be had to the value of the pair or set and the amount recoverable under this policy shall be calculated as though the article had been separately insured at pro rata of the insured value of the pair or set. Underwriters shall not be liable for any diminution in the value of the pair or set as a result of loss or damage. |
|Inland Transit (Rail/Road) Clauses 'A' ||Inland Transit (Rail/Road) Clauses 'A'-1983 |
|Inland Transit (Rail/Road) Clauses 'B' ||Inland Transit (Rail/Road) Clauses 'B'-1983 |
|SRCC (Inland Transit) Clause ||SRCC (Inland Transit) Clause |
|LR/RR Details Warranty ||Warranted that the Policy will be effective only from on or after the date of issuance of LR/RR. |
|Loading/Unloading ||Warranted that the loss/damage caused due to risks of loading/unloading are not covered under the policy. |