Terms & Conditions
- You should register on the portal first to start availing the online services offered by OICL portal.
- Online services will be open to you only after you acknowledge the receipt of registration confirmation email.
- We invite you to visit your account on the Portal frequently for transacting business. If you believe that any information relating to your account has a discrepancy, please bring it to the notice of OICL by e-mail or letter.
- The portal would assign you the login credentials after registrationUser-id
- The Password given by OICL must be replaced by Password of customer/other stakeholders' choice at the time of first log-on.
- OICL will make reasonable use of available technology to ensure security and to prevent unauthorized access to any of portal services.
- These together with access control methods designed on the Portal would afford a high level of security to the transactions you conduct.
- You are welcome to access online OICL portal from anywhere anytime. However, as a matter of precaution, customer/other stakeholders may avoid using PCs with public access.
- All requests received from customer/other stakeholders are logged for backend fulfillment and are effective from the time they are recorded at OICL.
- Rules and regulations applicable to normal insurance transactions/ products/ policies in India will be applicable mutatis mutandis for the transactions executed through this Portal. Detailed terms and conditions for such products/ policies may be obtained from the OICL portal/ offices.
- The online portal service cannot be claimed as a right. The Company may also convert this into a discretionary service anytime.
- Dispute between the customer/other stakeholders and OICL in this service is subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in the Republic of India and governed by the laws prevailing in India.
- The Company reserves the right to modify the services offered or the Terms of service of online portal. The changes will be notified to the customer/other stakeholders through a notification on the Portal.
Customer/other stakeholders' obligations:
- Customer/other stakeholders have an obligation to maintain secrecy in regard to Username & Password registered with the portal. OICL presupposes that login using valid Username and Password is a valid session initiated by none other than the customer/other stakeholder.
- Transaction executed through a valid session will be construed by OICL to have emanated from the registered customer/other stakeholders and will be binding on him / her.
- The customer/other stakeholders will not attempt or permit others to attempt accessing the online OICL portal through any unlawful means.
Do's ' Don'ts:
- The customer/other stakeholder should keep his/her ID and password strictly confidential and should not divulge the same to any other person. Any loss sustained by the customer/other stakeholder due to non-compliance of this condition will be at his/her own risk and responsibility and OICL will not be liable for the same in any manner.
- The customer/other stakeholder is free to choose a password of his own for portal services. As a precaution a password that in is generic nature, guessable or inferable personal data such as name, address, telephone number, driving license, date of birth, etc. is best avoided. Similarly it is a good practice to commit the password to memory rather than writing it down somewhere.
- It may not be safe to leave the computer unattended during a valid session. This might give access to your account information to others.